The Law Offices of Clayborne, Loos & Sabers LLP – Legal Focus Scholarship
In order to encourage engagement in the practice of law and passionate advocacy on behalf of those in need of legal assistance, The Law Offices of Clayborne, Loos & Sabers LLP proudly sponsors a scholarship opportunity open to those interested in pursuing educational enrichment related to the study of U.S. law.
For years, the attorneys and staff of The Law Offices of Clayborne, Loos & Sabers LLP have worked to cultivate a reputation for excellence among clients and within the legal community. Our firm holds our practice to the highest standards of professionalism and have been recognized again and again for our commitment to our clients and dedication to securing them the results they deserve. Our client-focused approach applies to every case we handle, whether that case involves family law, criminal defense, personal injury, or business litigation.
To foster passionate engagement in all areas of legal practice, our firm has created a scholarship for students who are either currently enrolled in an undergraduate or advanced degree program or who plan to enroll in a degree-granting program that promotes legal education opportunities. Abraham Lincoln once confessed that “Upon the subject of education … I can only say that I view it as the most important subject which we as a people may be engaged in.” Our firm similarly believes in the power of education and it is our great privilege to financially assist those interested in pursuing educational opportunities rooted in the study of U.S. law.
The Law Offices of Clayborne, Loos & Sabers LLP will be awarding a $1,000 scholarship to a Junior/Senior in high school, and to a student pursuing college or an advanced degree of any type. Those awarded these scholarships must meet the eligibility and selection criteria outlined below.
Eligibility and Scholarship Selection Criteria
To be considered, applicants must demonstrate that their experience fulfills the following eligibility requirements and selection criteria:
- This scholarship is offered to high school Juniors and Seniors, as well as any student currently enrolled in an accredited community college, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States.
- The scholarship candidate must possess an interest in studying U.S. law. This interest may be demonstrated by relevant life experiences, past and/or present volunteer experiences, educational experiences, and/or professional experience.
- The scholarship candidate must be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
Please note that the scholarship funds can be applied to tuition, room and board, books, and/or other fees, at the high school, community college, undergraduate, or graduate program where the student is currently enrolled or will eventually be enrolled, provided that the program in question is accredited and located within the United States.
Scholarship Application Requirements
To be considered for this scholarship, please submit the following documentation:
- A current resume
- A current unofficial transcript from the applicant’s high school or college.
- An essay (1,000 word limit) responding to one of these prompts:
- U.S. family law judges are bound to resolve child custody disputes according to the “best interests of the child” standard. If a married couple, seeking a divorce, came to you for assistance and asked you how they should go about building a co-parenting agreement (shared custody) that reflected the “best interests of the child” standard, how would you advise them?
- The idea that an individual is “innocent until proven guilty” is sacred within the U.S. justice system. What are the virtues of building the strongest possible defense of an individual accused of criminal wrongdoing, even if you know or suspect that they are indeed guilty of the charges that have been levied against them?
- What inspires you to study law and what do you plan to do after pursuing your legally focused education?
The Law Offices of Clayborne, Loos & Sabers LLP Legal Focus Scholarship winners will be announced in December of 2021.
Scholarship Application Instructions
Scholarship applicants should send all required documentation noted above via email to email@example.com. The official submission deadline for all application materials is November 15, 2021.