PROUDLY SERVING SOUTH DAKOTA
The Law Office of Clayborne, Loos and Sabers, LLP |
Professional Legal Counsel When You Need it Most
Bicycle Accident Lawyer Rapid City, SD
Our bicycle accident lawyer Rapid City, SD, can trust for help has seen firsthand the devastating consequences that victims are left to deal with following a bicycle accident. There are many ways bicycle accidents occur, and as a result, victims may be experiencing severe and even fatal injuries that require medical care. The Law Offices of Clayborne, Loos & Sabers LLP will help gather evidence that will play a critical role in proving your claim.
How Bicycle Accidents Happen
Many people access bicycles as a form of exercise, enjoyment, or transportation method. When an accident occurs, it’s a common misconception that the bicyclist is at fault for not following the road rules. However, much of the time, the driver of the vehicle is often at fault. There are several ways for bicycle accidents to occur:
- Driving too Closely: Drivers must keep ample space between the vehicle and cyclists, as driving too closely can result in a collision.
- Distracted Driving: Several distractions keep the driver’s eyes from the road. This might include mobile devices, navigational systems, adjusting music or radio, and even talking to passengers or taking care of children.
- Speeding: Driving too fast is a top contributing factor in collisions involving motor vehicles. When drivers are speeding, they will likely not be able to respond appropriately to other drivers and cyclists they are sharing the road with.
- Driveways: Vehicles backing out of driveways are among the most common ways for accidents involving cyclists to occur. Cyclists need to exercise caution in efforts to minimize accidents.
- Intersections: Cyclists must follow the same rules of the road as drivers. At intersections, it’s important to practice extra care as drivers may not see cyclists.
Our Rapid City, SD bicycle accident lawyer, shares that bicyclists should practice vigilance to avoid an accident when riding. While you certainly can’t control drivers’ actions and an accident can occur at any moment, keeping your safety at the forefront will be critical.
Injuries from bicycle accidents can be severe and even fatal, requiring medical treatment in most situations. Injuries bicycle accidents may suffer include:
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Road Rash
- Head Injuries
- Internal Injuries
While the moments following a crash are chaotic, medical care is critical to ensure that you can receive the necessary treatments. A practitioner will be able to diagnose and treat injuries effectively. Many risks can be associated with forgoing medical care. Your injuries could be far more severe than you initially thought, which can result in damage that could be irreparable. Additionally, medical care and the documentation to follow will offer a key piece of evidence that will assist in proving your case when it comes to your legal claim.
Have you or a loved one been injured in a bicycle accident? The Law Offices of Clayborne, Loos & Sabers LLP wants to help you retain your losses. We are prepared to provide you with the resources you need to reach a favorable resolution. Get started with our team by scheduling a consultation with our Rapid City, South Dakota bicycle accident lawyer as soon as possible.
START THE PROCESS TODAY
24/7 LIVE ANSWERING
Rapid City, SD
Black Hills, SD
Client Review“I witnessed Holly in trial she won our case for us, I was very impressed by her she was very professional and her demeanor was amazing. She has the greatest personality and she truly wants the best for her clients. I will come to her for all of my legal issues. Thank you Holly for giving our family justice.” Lauren Sewell