Personal Injury Lawyer Rapid City, SD
Personal Injury Lawyer Rapid City, SD
Have you or a loved one been injured, and you believe the injuries are a result of negligence or carelessness? If so, a personal injury lawyer Rapid City, SD respects should be consulted. Whether you were injured in a car accident, during a medical procedure, or by a consumer product, The Law Offices of Clayborne, Loos & Sabers LLP, would like to review your case.
As a leading firm in Rapid City, we have successfully won a large number of personal injury cases for individuals, families, parents, and children. Our cases have included, but are not limited to:
- Car accidents
- Large truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Burn injuries
- Premise liability injuries
- Recreational accidents
- Defective products
- Negligent security accidents
- Medical malpractice
The cases we’ve handled have varied in their complexity. From those that were straightforward to those that were rife with hurdles, we treat each case with the attention it needs. Our tenacity for a personal injury law, as well as the years of knowledge we have, give us the confidence to pursue a case with the utmost strategy and ease. If you have been the unfortunate victim of any accident involving negligence, please reach out to a personal injury lawyer in Rapid City, South Dakota. Even if you don’t know who is to blame, or you are unsure about whether you have a case, please don’t avoid calling a lawyer. By ignoring doing so, you could risk losing out on valuable compensation you may need to cover your losses. Call The Law Offices of Clayborne, Loos & Sabers LLP, to speak with one of our lawyers now.
What If I Was Injured on the Job and am Receiving Workers’ Compensation, Should I Call a Personal Injury Lawyer?
In general, you should find out what a Rapid City, SD personal injury lawyer has to say about your case. Workers’ compensation is not the same as compensation received in a personal injury claim. Workers’ comp is available to any injured worker regardless of who is at fault. It covers medical bills and a portion of your wages. It does not include pain, suffering, and other non-economic damages. Sometimes workers’ compensation is the only form of compensation available. However, when a lawyer can demonstrate that a party separate from your work caused the injury, it may be possible to pursue a personal injury claim.
A personal injury claim might enable you to recover the total amount of losses that resulted from the accident. It must be understood that you generally cannot sue your employer or an employee at your workplace. Rather, you can only pursue a claim against a third party, such as a property owner, equipment manufacturer, or contractor. For example, if you were operating machinery that malfunctioned because it was defective, the manufacturer might be pursued for compensation. When a situation like this is applicable, it is important to have a good personal injury lawyer in Rapid City, SD on your side.
Qualities to Look for in a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you were hurt in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, one of the most important steps to take is to hire a personal injury lawyer Rapid City, SD residents trust. However, with so many different lawyers out there, it can be tricky to choose the right one. Here are some important qualities to look for in a personal injury lawyer:
There are many types of personal injury cases, from car accidents to medical malpractice, and it’s important to choose a lawyer who has experience dealing with cases similar to yours. For example, if you suffered an injury during surgery, you want to work with a personal injury lawyer who has specific experience with medical malpractice cases. He or she will have extensive knowledge of medical malpractice law and be better equipped to handle your case.
When you get injured, the defendant’s insurance company will do anything they can to pay you as little as they can. They’re in the business of making money and don’t always play fairly. That’s why it’s so important for your personal injury lawyer to be assertive. He or she should be afraid to stand up against the insurance company and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Winning a personal injury case isn’t easy, so it’s important to hire a personal injury lawyer in Rapid City, SD who is enthusiastic and willing to go the extra mile for you. During your consultation, pay attention to how your lawyer interacts with you. Does he or she seem interested in what you have to say and asks you lots of questions? Or does he or she seem aloof and just going through the motions? If it’s the latter, you should find a lawyer who shows more enthusiasm towards your case.
Works on Contingency Fee
Before you retain a personal injury lawyer, make sure that he or she works on a contingency basis. This means that he or she will take a percentage of your winnings and won’t charge you any money upfront. If you don’t win your case, you won’t have to worry about owing your lawyer money.
Getting hurt in an accident can be very traumatic and cause you to feel a wide range of emotions. That’s why it’s essential to work with a personal injury lawyer in Rapid City, SD who empathizes what you’re going through. He or she should understand why you’re going through a tough time and always offer words of encouragement. If the lawyer you speak to seems cold and distant, it may be in your best interest to go with someone else.
How to Maximize Compensation in Your Personal Injury Case
If you were injured in an accident caused by someone else, you have the right to pursue a personal injury case. What happened to you wasn’t fair and you deserve to be compensated for that. Here are some tips to maximize your compensation.
- Preserve Evidence: In order to prove your personal injury case, you must have sufficient evidence. As such, you should begin preserving evidence as soon as possible after the accident occurs. Take photos of the accident scene and your injuries, obtain witness contact information, and get a copy of any police reports. Additionally, write down everything you remember about the accident in a journal as soon as you can.
- Seek Medical Care: After an accident, you may feel perfectly fine and not have any visible injuries. However, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t seek medical care promptly. Some injuries, like whiplash, don’t show immediate symptoms and can get worse over time. A doctor will evaluate your injuries and then recommend the appropriate treatment. If you neglect medical care, you could jeopardize both your case and personal injury case.
- Be Careful About What You Post on Social Media: As a personal injury lawyer in Rapid City, SD can confirm, many people jeopardize their personal injury claims by posting the wrong things on social media. For example, if you’re claiming you suffered a back injury in a car accident, but post photos of you at an amusement park, it may appear that you’re not truly hurt. The defense could get a hold of these photos and use them against you in court. Don’t post anything on your Facebook or other social media sites that you wouldn’t want the court to see.
- Don’t Accept the First Settlement Offer: When you’re injured and out of work, you’re understandably eager to get a settlement and move on with your life. However, that doesn’t mean you should accept the first offer the insurance company offers you. They are in the business of making money and are unlikely to offer a settlement that covers all of your losses. Don’t accept an offer before reviewing it with your personal injury lawyer in Rapid City, SD.
- Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer: Whether you’re dealing with a car accident or slip and fall accident, personal injury cases can be very complex. That’s why it’s helpful to have a skilled personal injury lawyer in Rapid City, SD on your side. He or she will help you file a timely claim and make sure your legal rights are protected. The majority of personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, so you won’t have to worry about owing your money upfront.
Michael Sabers, Esq.
Courtney Clayborne, Esq.
Get Help Now
Hollie, Sherrie, and her whole team has been so great to work with! She is so kind, professional, and she fought for what was fair, and right! I Tell everyone I know how wonderful she is! Anyone who is in need of a fantastic lawyer should give them a call!