South Dakota Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal Injury Lawyer South Dakota
If you have recently suffered an injury and are wondering if compensation could be involved then reach out to a personal injury lawyer South Dakota turns to from The Law Offices of Clayborne, Loos & Sabers LLP. Our firm has helped many people receive compensation and other benefits from their injuries. No one should have to suffer alone and be left to pay their expensive hospital and doctor bills when their injury was caused by the negligence or lack of thought of someone else. Contact us to learn more and to get your case started.
What Are Personal Injuries?
A personal injury is a legal term used for injuries that occur to a person. These injuries become personal injury cases or claims when they have been proven to have resulted from someone else’s lack of care or negligent actions. Personal injuries can occur from a variety of different sources under numerous circumstances but some of the most common ones stem from:
- Workplace Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Product Defect Incidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Construction Accidents
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents
- Injuries on a Property(Premises Liability)
- And More
If you have been injured under questionable circumstances then reach out to us today to learn more about the details of your case and how we can help you. Our experience and skill has seen many of our clients reach the results they desire in these types of cases. Personal injuries can sometimes take a long time to recover from and the pain and suffering may also be severe. It’s important to hold the guilty party accountable for their actions so that they don’t commit these types of offenses again and that you aren’t left to pay off the bills and suffer in silence.
How a Lawyer Can Help
A South Dakota personal injury lawyer has a lot to offer in personal injury cases. The knowledge that these types of lawyers have regarding injuries is something that can make people feel at ease about the legal process. Dealing with injuries and legal cases can be a difficult and annoying thing to get through. That’s why our firm is here to help alleviate any stress with the case and to deal with different entities like insurance companies and other legal teams to the best of our ability. We believe that we can help you understand the process better and deal with any tough items that arise along the way.
What Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Do for Me?
Meeting with a personal injury lawyer South Dakota injury victims trust may seem intimidating, but a lawyer could be a great ally for you to have if you or your loved one has been injured. After being injured in some way, you likely have a lot of legal questions that you will need answered, and an experienced lawyer from The Law Offices of Clayborne, Loos & Sabers LLP is the person for that job. Don’t hesitate to contact us to schedule your initial consultation, which will be confidential and give you the opportunity to ask your questions, discuss your case, and begin to consider your options and next steps.
- Provide Legal Advice
Legal advice will be key for your case as you move forward or consider your options. Your South Dakota personal injury lawyer will guide you through your case and handle the legal side for you while you focus on recovering from your injuries. Depending on your damages, your lawyer will help you put together your case and determine the value of your case and the amount of compensation you should be receiving for your case.
- Represent Your Interests
It isn’t easy to go through a legal claim or lawsuit but having a personal injury lawyer to represent you, using their legal knowledge and experience, may go a long way in securing the compensation that you need and deserve. Having a lawyer to represent you and speak on your behalf will also take some of the pressure off you while you recover from your injuries.
- Explain Your Options
Throughout your case you will have to make a lot of legal decisions, starting with whether or not you even want to pursue a legal claim. Your lawyer will make sure that you understand all of your options and explain everything thoroughly so that you can make decisions throughout your case with confidence. Part of making informed decisions is knowing the likely outcome of each choice, and your lawyer will be able to provide you with this information since they have been through cases like yours before and know what to expect.
Call a Lawyer from Our Office Today
No matter your situation or details of your injury, you may have legal options to discuss with your South Dakota personal injury lawyer from The Law Offices of Clayborne, Loos & Sabers LLP. Meeting with a lawyer does not commit you to moving forward with a lawsuit but provides you with the information needed to make legal decisions that you can feel confident about. If you do decide to move forward with a lawsuit for compensation for your damages, your lawyer will be by your side and fighting for you. There is no need to wait to speak with a personal injury lawyer about your injury and legal options. Call us today to schedule your confidential consultation and begin taking your first steps forward.
Contact Our Firm Today
If you or someone you know have been injured due to the negligence of someone else or from a company or manufacturer’s product defect then reach out to our firm today. We have helped many clients get through their cases and have helped them to receive compensation for their troubles and injuries along with holding the guilty party accountable for their negative actions. Contact us today to speak to a personal injury lawyer South Dakota turns to from The Law Offices of Clayborne, Loos & Sabers LLP.
Actions That Could Impact A Personal Injury Case
As our personal injury lawyer South Dakota victims rely on can explain, there are several ways that an accident may happen. Victims who have experienced injuries and losses due to an accident may be entitled to compensation for their losses. While it’s essential to take the proper steps when taking on cases of this nature, in some situations, victims may take actions that could significantly impact their ability to receive fair compensation for damages. Not only could mistakes cause a reduced settlement offer, but they may also affect a person’s overall health and recovery and, in some cases, may even result in a claim denial altogether. Initiating the process with help from our team at The Law Offices of Clayborne, Loos & Sabers LLP can ensure that the victim is on the right track when they first engage in the legal process, all the way to a resolution.
The following are actions that could harm case outcomes:
Delaying or Forgoing Medical Treatment
After an accident, medical treatment is one of the most critical steps victims should take. There are several reasons this is necessary. Sometimes injuries can be apparent, but sometimes the pain may be masked, making it challenging to realize injuries or injuries may not yet be present. Unfortunately, victims may not believe they have been injured because of this. Most importantly, failing to seek treatment can significantly impact a person’s overall health and ability to heal from the accident. In addition, a South Dakota personal injury lawyer will share that not seeking treatment or waiting too long to see a doctor can impact the victim’s case in several ways. The defendant, lawyer, and the insurance company may question the validity of the victim’s claim. Unfortunately, this could drastically reduce the potential settlement and, in some cases, may result in claim denials.
Posting to Social Media
Social media is an aspect of many people’s lives, and it may seem harmless to post accident details on an account. However, even an innocent social media post can significantly impact a case. Posting an account of the accident, pictures or videos of the damage, or even a harmless photo of the victim with their family can be found by the defendant’s lawyers and insurance company and used against the victim. For example, inadvertently admitting fault, minimizing injuries, posting images engaged in physical activity, or appearing fully recovered can reduce the potential damages to which the victim is entitled. While engaged in any civil or criminal case, it’s best to avoid social media altogether.
Waiting too Long to Take Action
When filing a personal injury claim, timing is everything, and it’s essential to get it right. There is no waiting period for filing such a claim, but victims may want to first consult with a lawyer before moving forward to retain clear insight regarding their case. Victims may want to wait until they fully understand the extent of their injuries and have completed treatment before filing the claim. In some cases, it may be too soon to take immediate action. However, it’s essential to remember that each state has a statute of limitations, meaning once this timeframe closes, in most cases, victims will miss out on their opportunity to move forward.
Why You Should Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have been hurt in an accident caused by someone else, you may want to speak with a South Dakota personal injury lawyer. Pursuing a personal injury claim can be complicated, so you want someone knowledgeable and experienced on your side. Here are a few benefits of hiring a personal injury lawyer.
- Know the true value of your case. Very few accident victims know how much their personal injury case is truly worth. As a result, they may be willing to accept a low settlement offer from the defendant’s insurance company. That is why it is so important to work with an experienced lawyer. A lawyer will consider all of your losses, including your medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering, to determine the true value of your case.
- Possess excellent negotiation skills. In order to receive a fair settlement from the defendant’s insurance company, multiple negotiation sessions may have to take place. However, the average person does not have the necessary negotiation skills to deal with an insurance company. That is where a personal injury lawyer comes in. An experienced lawyer will possess excellent negotiation skills. He or she will know how to deal with insurance companies and improve your odds of getting a fair settlement.
- Motivated to help you. The majority of personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis. This means that they do not get paid unless their clients win their case. Therefore, your South Dakota personal injury lawyer will be motivated to fight hard for you.
- Reduce your stress. Getting injured in an accident is stressful enough. You don’t need the added stress of handling your own injury claim. After all, you have to concentrate on getting better. That is another good reason to hire a skilled personal injury lawyer. He or she will handle all the legwork, so you can focus on your recovery.
- Provide objectivity. When you are dealing with the aftermath of an accident, you may have trouble thinking clearly. Your emotions may cloud your judgment. As a result, you might make poor decisions, such as accepting a settlement too early. An experienced lawyer can step in to provide the objectivity you need during this trying time. He or she can prevent you from making costly mistakes.
- Ready to go to trial. Most personal injury cases get settled out of court. However, there is always a chance that your case will go to trial. For example, if the defendant’s insurance company is not willing to offer a fair settlement, it may be in your best interest to go to trial. In this situation, it is especially important to work with an experienced personal injury lawyer. You definitely do not want to go to trial on your own. Your lawyer can present a convincing argument in front of the judge and jury and improve your chances of achieving a favorable outcome.
To learn more about how our South Dakota personal injury lawyer can help, schedule a consultation with The Law Offices of Clayborne, Loos & Sabers LLP.