PROUDLY SERVING SOUTH DAKOTA
The Law Office of Clayborne, Loos and Sabers, LLP |
Professional Legal Counsel When You Need it Most
Personal Injury Lawyer South Dakota
How can you determine if you need to retain a personal injury lawyer in South Dakota? It is not easy to determine if you need to hire a lawyer. Injuries and accidents occur all the time. Many of these an individual can handle at home, but many accidents cause serious bodily injury.
The personal injury lawyers at The Law Offices of Clayborne, Loos, and Sabers handle all types of personal injury cases. We have the knowledge and experience that enables us to represent clients in a variety of different personal injury matters. When you suffer injury during an accident it can be difficult to decide where to turn for help. If you want to know if you have a strong personal injury case, reach out to our legal team today.
Automobile Accidents And Personal Injury Law
The time following an automobile accident can be filled with uncertainty and anxiety. Individual drivers and passengers involved in a motor vehicle accident can suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder in the months following an accident. Serious injuries may cause an individual to suffer excessive rates of stress and worry. If you are facing these problems you do not want to complicate them further by dealing with medical professionals and insurance companies.
Personal injury law deals primarily with torts and negligence. Negligence is a subject encompassed by tort law, and all automobile accident cases concern the principles of negligence law. All negligence cases can be broken down into four distinct elements: duty, breach, causation, and negligence.
Every driver on the road has a duty to drive in a reasonable manner while keeping in mind the safety of other drivers on the road. The breach of this duty of reasonable care is the cornerstone of negligence law. A personal injury attorney must prove a defendant breached the duty of care and that the breach caused the injured party’s damages or injuries.
Retaining a personal injury lawyer is the best thing an injured victim can do after suffering injury during an accident. When you retain a personal injury lawyer you are making sure that your legal rights are protected. You are also allowing a legal professional to order medical records and medical bills that are necessary to prove your personal injury case. While you or your loved one heals from injuries a personal injury lawyer can order records, conduct depositions, and negotiate with insurance companies. The less stress you put on yourself after a motor vehicle accident the quicker you will heal from your injuries.
Contact Clayborne, Loos, and Sabers LLP Today To Schedule A Free Consultation
Contact the office of Clayborne, Loos, and Sabers LLP today to schedule a free consultation during which we can discuss the facts of your case. You can also call the office at 605-453-4400 to learn more about the legal services we offer. If you still wondering if you have a viable legal case do not hesitate to reach out to our team today.
Other Kinds of Personal Injury Cases
Car accidents aren’t the only kind of personal injury case out there. People get hurt every day and unfortunately there isn’t always a means of making them whole through criminal court. They may need to seek compensation through civil court to pay for their medical bills, lost income, and other expenses. If you have questions about whether you have a personal injury case you should speak with a South Dakota personal injury lawyer from The Law Offices of Clayborne, Loos & Sabers LLP. We will review your case with you and explain your legal options. Some of the personal injury cases that we commonly provide services for are:
- Medical malpractice: Healthcare is a major industry that we rely on to keep us healthy and take care of us when we become ill or are hurt. Healthcare providers receive specialized training, and there is a standard of care that they must provide as a result. If you were harmed because of the negligent act of a doctor, nurse, pharmacist or other healthcare provider, you might want to consider seeking compensation for the expenses that you incurred as a result.
- Elder abuse: The elderly can rely on others for their care, and unfortunately people can take advantage of them. Common examples are a elder care facility neglecting to check on their patients, a caretaker threatening to withhold food if the elder doesn’t do what they want, or a family member taking advantage of the elder and stealing money from them. If you or someone you love was harmed while in the care of a nursing home or loved one, you can seek justice not only in criminal court but civil as well. You can speak with a South Dakota personal injury lawyer from The Law Offices of Clayborne, Loos & Sabers LLP to understand your legal options.
- Workplace injuries: In an ideal world the workplace would be safe and free from hazards. However, that isn’t the case. Companies cut corners to save on expense and the result is a hazardous work environment that causes injuries. Likewise, repetitive working motions can result in injuries slowly over time. If your employer is denying you the ability to file a workers compensation claim, you should consider hiring a lawyer to represent you. They can work with you to ensure your claim is filed and oftentimes hiring a lawyer results in a larger settlement.
- Assault: If you were physically harmed by another person, you may know you can press criminal charges against them, but did you realize you can seek compensation from them in civil court as well? Our lawyers can help you determine how much compensation to seek for your physical and emotional damages.
Things You Should Know About Personal Injury Lawyers
Many accident victims are not familiar with the benefits of hiring a personal injury lawyer. If you are considering filing a personal injury claim, a lawyer who specializes in such cases can accomplish a lot for you, providing a variety of legal services so that you can get the outcome you are seeking. If you have any questions about your case or are stuck on a certain issue, a lawyer can be there for you to help. Know the following things about personal injury lawyers if you have recently suffered injuries in an accident.
Personal Injury Lawyers Have Varied Case Experience
A personal injury case is any case where a person suffers harm as a result of another person’s actions or inaction. Regardless of whether the actions were deliberate or not a personal injury case can be filed. This includes car accidents, pedestrian accidents, slip and falls, medical malpractice, wrongful death and many others. If the statute of limitations has not expired and you have sufficient evidence to bring a claim, a lawyer will be able to help you.
They Know How to Navigate the Legal System
Going into a personal injury case without sufficient legal knowledge can make you much more likely to get an outcome that you don’t want. When you have a personal injury lawyer who has had experience handling many kinds of cases, you are more likely to secure your desired outcome. They know the steps of the legal system and how to navigate it well.
They Can Explain Your Legal Options
Personal injury accident victims should not assume that there is nothing that can be done to recover their losses. By going to an experienced lawyer early, you can discover your legal options and see how they can help you with the complex claims process. A lawyer can answer all of your questions as well as give you advice on what to do in case any sudden issues come up and can affect your case.
A Lawyer Can Maximize Your Settlement
Many clients who have sought the help of a trusted lawyer have been able to recover a higher settlement amount. Lawyers have exceptional negotiation skills and have strong knowledge of legal strategies. They know how to boost your chances of getting the highest possible settlement amount. For more information about legal services available, reach out to a qualified personal injury lawyer right away.
Injuries sustained after a personal injury accident can cause both short and long-term issues. You could be struggling for weeks and months. In addition to the pain from your injuries, you could experience financial struggles as you figure out how to pay off your expenses from your medical treatments, to make up for the missed hours that you have. When you have a lawyer that you can depend on to protect your rights, guide you through the claims process and fight for a settlement that you deserve, you can rest assured that you will get a suitable outcome.
You can seek damages for the harm others cause you. The first step is often speaking with a lawyer about your unique situation. Call our office today to set up a free consultation with a South Dakota personal injury lawyer from The Law Offices of Clayborne, Loos & Sabers LLP.
Common Mistakes to Avoid in Your Personal Injury Claim
If you sustained injuries due to someone else’s negligence, you have the right to file a personal injury claim to recoup your losses. However, in order to obtain fair compensation, you have to do everything just right. Here are some common mistakes to avoid in your personal injury claim.
- Neglecting to file your personal injury claim by the deadline. You don’t have all the time in the world to pursue a personal injury claim. In South Dakota, the statute of limitations to file a personal injury claim is three years. Once that deadline has passed, you are no longer eligible for compensation. That is why you should start filing your claim as soon as possible.
- Not considering all liable parties. In some personal injury cases, there is more than one responsible party. It’s important to determine who all the liable parties are so that you can maximize your compensation. For instance, if you were injured in a truck accident, the truck driver and trucking company may be at-fault.
- Settling too early. When you suffered injuries in an accident, you might be excited to accept a settlement offer as soon as possible. However, it may not be in your best interest to accept the insurance company’s first settlement offer. You might not know the extent of your injuries right now, and could accept an offer that’s too low.l Never accept a settlement offer before talking it over with your personal injury lawyer.
- Waiting to seek medical care. Some accident victims do not seek medical attention initially if they do not feel too badly hurt. This is a big mistake. Sometimes injuries don’t present symptoms right away. That does not mean that you are not hurt. That is why you should always seek prompt medical care after an accident. A doctor will properly diagnose your injuries and recommend the appropriate treatment. If you delay medical care, you could put your health and personal injury claim in jeopardy.
- Assuming you can’t afford a lawyer. It’s always wise to hire a personal injury lawyer if you wish to pursue an injury claim. However, some accident victims assume that they can’t afford to hire a lawyer. The truth is that most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, so they only collect a fee if you win your case.
START THE PROCESS TODAY
24/7 LIVE ANSWERING
Rapid City, SD
Black Hills, SD
Client Review“I witnessed Holly in trial she won our case for us, I was very impressed by her she was very professional and her demeanor was amazing. She has the greatest personality and she truly wants the best for her clients. I will come to her for all of my legal issues. Thank you Holly for giving our family justice.” Lauren Sewell