DUI Lawyer Rapid City, SD
DUI Lawyer Rapid City, SD
No person should be left to manage charges without the services that a DUI lawyer Rapid City, SD provides. When a driver gets behind the wheel after having a few drinks, you likely aren’t considering the legal impact that might result should you get pulled over by law enforcement. DUI charges can range in severity depending upon whether this is your first or subsequent conviction. No person wants to find themselves convicted of a DUI, which is why one of your first calls should be to a lawyer at The Law Offices of Clayborne, Loos & Sabers LLP.
Reasons You Need Legal Assistance
You may be questioning whether you need the services of our Rapid City, South Dakota DUI lawyer. Lawyers come with some expense, and you may think that being at the mercy of the courts may be less expensive than acquiring the services of a lawyer. While you may be able to proceed without a lawyer, if you are facing a second or third offense, you will not want to risk representing yourself because the ramifications can be incredibly significant. Here are some reasons that you may want to call a lawyer:
- A DUI lawyer can provide you with the legal experience you need to navigate the courtroom
- The consequences may be less severe with a lawyer by your side
- A lawyer may be able to negotiate a lesser sentence
- DUI cases can be complicated when it comes to examining the details surrounding your case, especially when reviewing your BAC and the breathalyzer
- Provide yourself with an opportunity at the best possible outcome
If convicted, you could be facing a mark on your criminal record, social stigmas, increased car insurance premiums, jail time, and license loss. You won’t want to face the process of fighting a DUI without the services provided by a lawyer.
Our team is dedicated to assisting our clients in seeing their cases through to the end. Accessing our services provides you with the best opportunity at a successful or positive case outcome. We have successfully navigated situations by providing legal defense to our clients that they can rely on. With our services, you can expect:
- A case review that strategizes the best approach to your case
- Our team to determine whether charges can be dropped or reduced
- Lawyers who are prepared to negotiate a plea bargain with prosecutors if necessary
- Our team will help you understand the DUI charges before you and the consequences you might be facing
- Our team will provide you with legal recommendations when making decisions regarding the next steps
- An honest assessment of where your case stands and possible outcomes
The Law Offices of Clayborne, Loos & Sabers LLP are prepared to help you face your DUI case head-on. We are ready to answer your call and begin helping you by aggressively fighting the DUI charges you are facing. To get started, with professionals you can feel confident in, contact our Rapid City, South Dakota DUI lawyer today.
Steps to Take After Getting a DUI Charge
Getting charged with a DUI can be scary and overwhelming, and you likely feel a wide range of emotions. However, the steps you take immediately afterward can have a big impact on the outcome of your case. Here are a few important steps to take:
- Tell the Police You Don’t Wish to Speak to Them: After you get arrested for a DUI, the police will likely want to speak to you about your case. They might even tell you that they want to help you. However, no matter how nice they may seem, you should never discuss the details about your case with them. They are only talking to you to get information they can use against you later in court. Politely tell them that you don’t want to speak to them without a DUI lawyer in Rapid City, SD by your side.
- Schedule a DMV Hearing: If you get a DUI, your driver’s license will automatically get suspended. This can make it much more difficult to get to work and other important places, especially if you live in an area without public transportation. You’ll have to depend on others to give you rides for quite a while. However, you can request a DMV hearing to get your license reinstated. You must do this within 10 days of your arrest.
- Understand That Your Case May Take A While to Settle: A DUI arrest might happen quickly, but settling the entire case takes much longer. It’s important to realize and accept that your DUI case might take several months to settle. While that might seem like a long time right now, it’s necessary. Your DUI lawyer in Rapid City, SD will need ample time to negotiate a fair deal with the prosecuting attorney. You don’t want to accept the prosecuting attorney’s first plea bargain, as it’s usually not favorable.
- Maintain a Low Profile: When you’re dealing with a DUI charge, it is important to keep a low profile. Stay out of trouble and don’t hang around people who could put you in risky situations. You have too much to lose at this point.
- Hire an Experienced Lawyer: A DUI can negatively impact your life in many ways, so it’s critical to work with an experienced lawyer. While most criminal lawyers will handle DUI cases, you want to hire a lawyer who has specific experience with DUI cases. An experienced DUI lawyer in Rapid City, SD will have knowledge of all the laws and come up with the best possible defense. Always be completely honest with your lawyer and don’t be afraid to call him or her about your questions and concerns.