Nursing Home Lawyer Rapid City, SD
Nursing Home Lawyer Rapid City, SD
Our nursing home lawyer Rapid City, SD families rely on, knows that the decision to put your family member into a nursing home was not easy to make. Choosing a nursing home can be difficult, especially considering you will want to be sure that your loved one receives the best possible care. While you might have thought you chose wisely, the reality is that nursing homes are chronically understaffed, often with under-qualified employees to care for your loved one. Being able to recognize the signs of nursing home abuse can help to reduce the likelihood that your loved one has been harmed. However, The Law Offices of Clayborne, Loos & Sabers LLP will share with you that knowing when to contact a lawyer can make a significant difference in the event your loved one has suffered abuse.
Tips for Choosing the Right Nursing Home
Choosing the right nursing home for your family member is a great decision. As a person ages, you may realize that they require more care than you can provide to them. Taking on the task of finding a nursing home that will offer your loved one, adequate care can feel overwhelming at times. Here are some tips for choosing the right nursing home:
- Consider having your loved one evaluated to determine whether they require care
- Consider the type of care that can meet the needs of your loved one. This could be, home health care, an assisted living community or a nursing home facility
- Evaluate costs and what the affordable options might be for you and your family
- Search for a nursing home that is within proximity to family so that they can frequently visit
- Consider accessing a nursing agency that can help connect you with prospective options
- Visit the facilities you are interested in prepared with a list of questions. While there, count nursing staff, observe interactions between staff and patients and signs that patients are well cared for
- Ask specific questions about staffing, ratios, training, and credentials
- Make a pop in visit to the nursing home when they are not expecting you
While placing your family member into a nursing home is probably not something you are looking forward to, finding the right facility can ensure that your loved one is well cared for.
When to Contact a Rapid City, SD Nursing Home Lawyer
If your loved one has been injured as a result of nursing home abuse or neglect, chances are you removed them from danger as quickly as possible. Signs of nursing home abuse include:
- Unexplained injuries
- Mood Changes
- Signs of Restraint
- Not Being Allowed Alone with Them
- Confusion or Fatigue
- Poor Hygiene
Nursing home abuse is incredibly difficult to witness, and once the dust has settled, it can be easy to put taking legal action on the back burner. However, the time to contact a lawyer is now. When someone has been injured due to nursing home negligence, they have likely failed to uphold their duty of care. A lawyer can help navigate the complicated process of gathering medical records, reviewing facility violations, and more.
When considering the right lawyer to assist you, reaching out to The Law Offices of Clayborne, Loos & Sabers LLP can help provide you with the peace of mind you and your family deserve during this difficult time. Our team is experienced in managing nursing home cases and can help you put together a case that gives your family member the best opportunity at a favorable outcome. Our Rapid City, South Dakota, nursing home lawyer, is standing by to assist you in taking action.